Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Nigel's Detailed Scan..





















31st Dec Wed, Sunny


Today is Nigel's big day, his detailed scan at 21 weeks. The results is good. He's 450g. And he has big feet. His femur length (which is his thigh) is above average at 39mm. The whole scan took more than 1 hr cos Nigel is a really Notti Boy!

We had the scan done by A/P Mary 1st. Nigel was a good boy at first, he was facing mummy and daddy. A/P Mary is really great. She explained what she was doing step by step.






















We had the Down Syndrome test which is done by scaning between the folds of the neck, which at 4mm. As long as it's below 6mm, it's negative. Then We went on to scan the brain and organs, which is developing well. A/P Mary couldn't get a good view of his little heart. She had to check if there is any hole in the heart. After 15 mins, I had to go to Antenatal Diagnostic Centre to use higher definition ultrasound machine. We waited there for 20 mins. The Sonograher, Ms Dawn, tried to scan the heart, but little notti Nigel was covering his chest with his little arms and was still lying on his tummy. Dawn then decided to scan the other organs 1st hoping that Nigel will change position later. Dawn is really nice too. She also explain to me and Shawn the different organs, positions and results. I manage to understand what was going on since I had studied Biotechnology and read lots of books on pregnancy. So it's was a really informative session.

After 15 mins, the notti boy is still lying on his tummy. We tried to coax him to move, Dawn tried to shake my tummy, I also tried to lay on my side. But no use still. In the meantime, Dawn scan his little face but he was using his hands to cover his face, he did that at A/P Mary too !! He was moving his lips which was really cute. In the end, another Doctor, A/P Arijit had to come in and try to scan his heart. After a long 15 mins with Nigel still not co-operating, A/P Arijit somehow manage to get some good pictures and video. He showed us the blood flow in colour. Also the blood flow from me to Nigel from the womb. And he gave us a 4D scan!

But Nigel is as usual a little Notti Boy, he kept moving and we couldn't get a good picture. The picture above is the best one, we can only get a side view cos Notti Boy is covering his face. You can see his eyes which's pretty big plus they look like my mum's. He got my forehead and high cheekbones ! He's a really cute boy.. just like his mum ! But notti like his Daddy !! he he he.. His sleeping position is like his daddy's too. Nigel is a very reactive baby. You can play with him. He will actually response when you tap on the tummy or talk to him. He love kicking his daddy's face. So i guess the scan really irritated him with all the poking so we can't really blame him for being so notti.

And today's bill is $1051 !! Cos $930 is for the prenatal package, the rest is for my medical and injection. Luckily, the detail scan is included inside the prenatal package and we got a FOC 4D scan !

Good new is my placenta has finally moved high enough so I can go for natural birth. I also had my 14th injection today, I had my 13th injection last friday. I have to take injections weekly now. Sighz. My feet is really swollen now. I had to change all my shoes! Plus I'm having blister in between my last toes of my left feet. Sobs.. I started work already but I'm will get pains if I try to do counter work for about 2 hrs. Sighz. Another 4 and a half months to go... How to tahan !




No comments: