Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Preterm Labour ! To take or Don't take No Pay Leave??

21st Jan SuNny

Another visit to A/Prof Mary Rauff today. I have lost 2 kg in 1 weeks due to my fever and flu. A/Prof Mary Rauff advice me to take off from work to stay at home as my condition would not improve, in fact if I push myself too hard I might end up having preterm labour. So bed rest will be the best option for me. Sighz.. How now??

She gave me another 3 days MC and ask me to seriously consider. She explain that normally cramps will only start around 30 weeks but mine seems much earlier and the cramps will actually increase. My condition is similar to someone who is having twins now. She's giving me Proluton injections weekly plus Salbutamol to take 3 times a day. But Salbutamol which suppose to help with cramps, unfortunately has very bad side effect on me. I had bad episodes where I have difficultly breathing and my heartrate goes up to 100 plus per min. So now I'm on a another medicine, Nifedipine. Side effect dizziness and my blood pressure will go down. If I have headaches or bad water retention I have to see her immediately. But A/Prof Mary says my body will get use to the medications and soon it will not work. Then I can't prevent the worst.

I posted my condition on Singapore Motherhood forum. The mothers there advice me to bedrest. There is a mum with similar condition. Her baby was delivered at 29 weeks. I'm really afraid as Nigel is only 24 weeks now. I initially hope I can pull thru to at least 36 weeks. There is another mum also, baby delivered at 24 weeks. Had to stay in the hospital for 6 months! Wow ! Can't imagine the bills! She told me some parents have to sell their flat to pay the hospitals.

On bright side, I have sign up with stemcord to store little Nigel's cord blood. I collected the kit today. I hope everything will go well as there is a min amt they have to collection plus if there is any fungal infection, they have to discard the blood. Also, little Nigel kicks are getting stronger, when he kicks you can actually see a little lump on my tummy. So Cute !!

1 comment:

sunnylight said...

I agree with yr gynae...could u discuss with yr boss to allow u to take unpaid leave? cos yours is a special case and i'm sure they wouldn't want to take responsibility if anything should happen isn't it....
yup a march mummy delivered at 29weeks...i guess all the others were pretty shocked but now her bb is doing well which she posted recently.
I think its yr work thats causing yr problem too...the stress and all, so best is to take leave and bed rest at home...