Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 16, 2009

Pregnant and Sick.. Cord Blood to keep or donate??

16 Jan Fri (SuNny)

I'm down with slight fever, body aches, cough and flu. It really feel a lot worst when u are pregnant plus having cramps. Tummy and chest feel really painful when i cough. I struggled to get to Raffles to get my weekly injection, today is no. 15. Wonder will I hit no. 30??

I went home to take a nap after that. Felt worst when i woke up, aching all over plus tummy is sore. Luckily the cramps is not so bad today, maybe due to the injection. But I had really Dark brown spotting. Wonder if it's due to the cough? I'm taking cough medicine now. No choice since I think coughing will be worst for Nigel. Poor Nigel, he must been thinking got earthquake inside. My poor baby. Hope I will get well soon.

On the brighter side. We were thinking of donating or keeping Nigel's cord blood for sometime. Donation is totally free, and can save lives, so it's like getting good karma for Nigel. But after weighting all the pros and cons. Shawn and I decided to keep Nigel's cord blood since there is history of Leukaemia at Shawn's side. Shawn's side has a very colourful history of all kinds of disease so we felt safer to keep. Plus cord blood can be use to cure a lot of disease now and more in future. Better safe than sorry. We will be keep with Stemcord. Registration fees is now at promomtion price of $600 suppose to be $1500 which can be paid using the baby bonus and cash gift, kindly given by our dear beloved government. Yearly will be $250. We will be meeting with the Stemcord Staff at my next appt with A/P Mary Rauff on the 21st. But the scary thing is they will need 2 vials of blood from moi after delivery.. Sobs.. Scary..

1 comment:

sunnylight said...

I can imagine how u feel...the feeling of being sick with the cramps is terrible...but stay strong mummy!! Before u know it Nigel will be born and all the sufferings will be worth it...

As for the cough, do take the cough mixture as u r rite, keep coughing no good for the lungs plus the fact that it may be worst for Nigel too...so take ur medicine as instructed so u can recover faster...

For the cordblood thing i will be donating...jus need to email or call the staff to check which i decide to do so after my 32 weeks of gestation...