Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Baby Nigel's Lil Guardian Angel



Niu Niu 4 days old. He has a white spot on his back which is exactly at the same place as Xuan.

Sleepy Xuan and Niu Niu (4 days old). In the midst of triming her fur.


Niu Niu (4 days old)



Niu and Happy Mum (3 days old)


Niu Niu (1 day old)


Niu Niu 1 day old
I was awoken by Shawn on 11th April at 9am with a big Surprise ! My 8, turning 9 year old Xuan just gave birth to 2 Lil Boys! But the 1st born which was the bigger puppy was born dead. Leaving only his lil much smaller brother.
It's really a Big Surprise as I had been trying to mate Xuan since she was 2 years old. But nothing.. Plus she don't look pregnant at all !!! Sighz. I always wanted to have puppies from her. Now after giving up for 2 years. She have a Lil Boy! My Sis says he's Lil Nigel's guradian angel. I wanted to name him Xing, but my sis want that name for her Lil Buns. So I change it to Niu Niu aka Cow Cow cos he really look like one !
After all the surprise, the reality sets in. Xuan is too old to have a puppy. I was afraid of complications. One thing, normally there is 3 pups or more per litter. I was afraid that there might be a pup left in the womb and she's too tired to deliver the last puppy. Plus she's been panting a lot. Luckily Meiying and her hubby came over yesterday to check on her. She's fine. Just that she had engorment. Have to massage her. Panting is due to the heat. I have to slowly cut her fur away. Also Niu Niu is pretty fragile. So I'm worried too. Xuan so far have refuse to move from her bed. She has only pee twice since. Haven't poo yet. Plus she's having the Blues. Niu Niu cry, she will cry. Sighz. Xuan is too parniod. She doesn't seems to know wat Niu Niu wants. Also, Niu Niu is too fussy. He only wants to sleep at a certain position. The 1st 2 days is between Xuan's back legs. Now it's at an Angel of her back leg. Sighz.. Been waking up every few hours to position him correctly or Xuan and Him will just cry and cry. They are like helping me to practice for Nigel's Night Feeds !!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Hi!
I got to know your blog through singapore motherhood. It's so sweet of you to record down everything about your kid and family. It's good so next time your child can read it too. Your doggies are so cute! I have 2 doggies too. Also mother and child. They are schnauzers. I have recently created a blog. I have much to learn from you about blogging. Please visit my blog at www.teresa-homebliss.blogspot.com thanks :)