Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 22, 2009

My thoughts on Motherhood @ 2 weeks...

Nigel is 2 weeks old today. Lots of changes since his arrival into the big big world. I dun really feel like a mum sometimes, still in shock and re-adjusting. Now Everything is no Longer about Shawn and Moi, there is a little one to consider. Gone are the carefree times where we can just go out for movies, coffee and makan. But why does Nigel have to come out when there is so many nice movies to watch !! My Long awaited Star Trek !! Angels and Demons ! and many more !! SobS.. I have to wait for the DVD release or Mio TV. SobS SobS... And I was planning to watch Star Trek on 8th May ! But no matter, I wouldn't give him up for anything.

I still remember the first time I saw Nigel, actually more like Nigel's legs.. I was wondering why is he so long and thin ! Where has all his fats gone to ?? They have gone to my tummy area. Now I had to engaged Cathy for 7 Malay Massage sesssions to get back in shape. I have done 3 so far. $55/time. It's really relaxing but after that, the body binding is really a pain. It itches a lot, due to the hot humid weather plus my sensitive skin. I had to keep the bind on frm 330pm to 11am. But mostly I cannot tahan, I would remove them by 9am.

So far, caring for him is pretty relaxing for me, as I have my confinement Nanny around plus My Mum who drop by every afternoon and evening to see her precious Grandson. But my Confinement Nanny due to unforeseen circumstances have to leave on the 26th May. Then, I'm on my own. Scared?? Not really. I have prior experiences with babies. Only have problems with Bathing. Never tried on my own yet !! But Shawn's company has stock take on the 27th May, which means he will be home only after 1am on the 26th and had to leave for work at 7am. My 8 characters and his company seems to clash all the time !! I will have to handle Nigel on my own at night and in the mornings. My Mum will be here to help in the afternoons onwards. My Sis, Nicole also.. Paying her $200 to babysit in the mornings if I need to pump milk or bathe.. Thanks Heavens for Family !! But good thing is since my mum has to take over my confinement, the confinement nanny is teaching my mum and maid. My mum has to do confinement for my sis in Nov since she's not hiring any nanny to help. So my mum can now openly learn all the stuff instead of being sneaky about it. I wonder how would I feel next week when I'm all alone...

2 comments:

CC NG said...

well, the DVD of startrek is out already here in Vietnam. Should I send you one? :)
Can't believe that you have a kid already!

JoAnnA said...

Ya ! Send it to me !!! PLease !!