Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Birth Story (",)

07 May 09

9pm
Had Show Again. A really Big patch this time. I called Shawn to inform him to come home asap cos I got feeling maybe this time it's the real thingy. Chatted with Ting online, She also had the same Feeling..
10pm
Contractions started but still pretty far apart. So I didn't bother to time. Called Shawn Again. But No Answer.. Sighz. Tried to call him 5 more times !! Still no Answer.


08 May 09

1230am
Shawn is Finally Home !! Contractions still pretty far. I suddenly had cravings for Fried Oyster. Shawn drove me out to eat.

3am
Reached my home carpark, got out of the car, walked a few steps and OMG !! My Water Bag Leaked. I felt lots of water dripping down. Luckily I was out of the car otherwise my poor leather seat. Quickly took a cloth, cover the seat and drove down to my Blk. Shawn was in a panic. I was still pretty calm actually. I took a quick shower, called the hospital while Shawn was packing the laptop and camera.

4am
Reached NUH. Went up the Labour ward. Doctor on duty came. Still only 1.5cm dilated onli. Contractions was getting more intense, 3 mins apart. I was put on monitor which Poor Nigel and Moi hates. I badly wanted to just walk around or sit up. I felt really uncomfortable laying down. But the Nurse insist that I'm put on the monitor. So I told her I wanted to go to the Loo. And Just sit up at the toilet bowl. They didn't give me any medicine to clear my bowls since I have already done it at home. Contractions getting painful. I felt the pain mostly at my back muscles. I'm still able to tahan but the pain is less intense if I walk or sit up. But as usual, the nurse insist I lay down cos the monitor doesn't detect Nigel's heartbeat if I sit up. Sighz. I was on the verge of killing the Nurse actually.

6am
Doctor on Duty came again. Onli 2 cm Dilated. She tok to Prof Mary and advised me to go on Epidural as my labour will be pretty long since I'm dilating pretty slowly. I'm didn't wan to as I have a BIG phobia of Drips !! The Nurses also advised me to go on Epidural. I decided to wait and opt for Gas Mask instead. I was given something to help my cervix dilate.

7am
The Doctor on duty came. I had to go on the drip as She feels that I'm dehydrated and She also need to take 3 vials of blood for Stemcord. I didn't wan the Drip at all ! Insist not to go on drip. The Doctor and Nurses insist. I was pretty panicky, contractions I can tahan but not drips !! Shawn asked the Nurses and Doctors to leave first and let me consider. Shawn tried to reassure me that drips are not that scary but of cos I dun believe him la !! Anyway I gave in (which I regreted !) and opt for Epidural also since I have to be on drip, so might as well. The Doctor came in, I thought she was an experienced Doctor but I was wrong. She started on my left hand, I was practically biting Shawn's hand. It's really Painful !! She couldn't get any blood out and had to redo !!! I was in tears !! Same thing happen the second time, another doctor came in. He flush my poor vein with cold water and I was like screaming !! Cos it's worst than contractions !! He decided to stop and use my right hands instead. I didn't wan to already. I wanted them to stop and let my rest but they insist cos they need to get the epidural in soon before my contractions get more intense. The Male Doctor did it this time and it was much better...








8am

I had my Epidural. A lot less painful than the Drip ! I'll never ever go on the DRIP again !!

3pm

I'm finally fully dilated and started pushing with the midwives. It was really bad cos I kept vomiting due to the Epidural Plus the antibiotics (If water bag broke more than 12 hrs, have to take antibiotics). Since I didn't had any food for more than 12 hrs, I vomited till there was nothing left to vomit. The Doctor gave me medicine to calm my tummy. After 1 hr plus, finally Nigel's head appear !! Prof Mary Rauff came in. And I started my lst lap of this journey. Finally Nigel came into the big big world at about 4**pm (cannot put actual time). I thought I would cry when I see Lil Nigel Finally when Prof Mary placed him on my tummy. I couldn't see his little face then, all I see are legs ! Long Long Legs !! Shawn ended up crying instead ! I was too tired. Prof Mary was busy stitching me up, I had 7 stitches. I couldn't see Lil Nigel's face still. I was pretty Pek Chek actually. I was pretty shocked at his weight, only 2.665 kg !! Why so little? SobS. But as long as he's healthy. Now Will be the start of my new journey into Motherhood.. Wonder what it will bring.. (",)


No comments: