Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Jaundice.. Tear Ducts.. SighS


My Poor Baby got admitted to NUH again for Jaundice on 12 May 09. On 11 May, his level was 270 which was pretty high. On 12 May, it was at 319 !! He had to go for phototherapy overnight ! My Poor Lil Nigel ! Shawn and I rushed back home to get breastmilk for him which I had pumped out. Also I brought my pump along. My Poor baby had scratches and rashes all over. My heart really aches when I see him. I was crying the whole day, not only because of Nigel, but also cos Shawn had to go back to work the next day !! Nigel is due to check out then ! I was so pissed off and Angry ! His Son is in the hospital and he can go back to work !! I'm damn piss with his Damn Company !! No paternity leave and plus his Damn Company due to lack of staff cannot extend his leave and had to go back to work !! What kind of BIG company is that !! Luckily I left his company long long time ago !
Luckily My sis, Pam offered to help. She and her hubby picked me and my Confinement Nanny up and drove me to NUH. Her poor Hubby had to wait for us for more than 2 hrs. Finally Nigel was discharged at 230pm and the Doctor told me he could leave at 1pm ! Sighz.. His poor feet had so many needles marks as they had to do blood test for him every 6 hrs.
Next day, I had to bring him to the PD, Dr Allyson at Kids' Clinic to check his jaundice again. His tear duct on his right eye has not fully open. Happen to only 10% of babies. Will be Prone to eye infection. 99% of the babies will recover by 1 year old if not, have to go for operation. My Poor Poor Boy !! But Good news also, his jaundice has improved, droped to 158.

No comments: