Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Nigel is Sick !!.. Childcare Leave Issues

Lil Nigel has been having diarrhoea since Sat. I didn't think it was so serious till Sun Night when he was still pooing about 5 times. From Midnight to 7am, he pooed 3 times. So I had to take Childcare leave with Shawn to bring Nigel down to Dr Teoh on Monday. My Shop Manager request that I take only half-day. So had to rush to Dr Teoh. Luckily Nigel is still pretty alert though he's a bit less responsive. Dr T. advice us to monitor him carefully, stop all FM, only BM. But due to work stress and lack of sleep, my milk supply drop drastically.. Only 180ml a day at most. So Dr Teoh advice to feed Nigel Porridge water with wee bit of Honey instead. Cost: $95
Tuesday, Nigel had Fever. I was on Morning shift so I request to forfiet my break time and to go home 1hour Eariler at 330pm. My ROM luckily agreed. But my manager mention that it's not a common practice lor. Of cos I know la !! I was too distracted to work. But luckily in the evening Nigel's fever came down. But he pooed total 8 times !!
Wednesday, called the clinic again at 330 cos Nigel pooed 5 times since. Had to rush down again with Pam. Brought his poo for analysis. Another set of medicine to take. I had to take down notes of his poo time and his feeding time. Also have to let his stomach rest 3 to 4 hrs between each feed. Cost: $75 plus lab test: $82 ..
Today, Nigel seems to be better. But he was very cranky. I think his tummy is in pain. So poor Thing. Dr T. called a few times to check. When I was about to leave for work, Nigel pooed greenish stuff out. Shawn decided to call Dr T. to check. He ask us to come down immediately as he suspect panceas infection as the greenish stuff is acutally Bile. Plus his stool samples from yesterday even though was yellowish, had bile traces too. If serious, might have to be admitted. Me and Shawn panic lor. Almost wanted to cry. Nigel really had tummy pains. Dr T. gave him some stuff to stop the pain. Nigel felt better soon after and stop crying. His stool report wasn't good. Had to monitor his condition still. Sighs.. Cost: $99
Anway had to take CCL today also. So called my ROM to request for CCL again. He was ok with it. My Manager wasn't happy about it though. She sent me this sms "U only entitled for 5 CCL... And if can, pls discuss with ur husband... I think this is both responsibilities.. Furthermore u have maid right.. I hope you understand that I'm short of staff. Appreciate!" I was pretty angry when I read the sms. I told her my baby might have to be hospitalised. I had to be there !! How can she expect me to leave my baby with my maid !! It's madness !! I have a maid, but she's there to help with the housework. She doesn't look after Nigel lor. Plus Nigel been having diarrhoea since Sat ! Diarrhoea is a very serious problem for Babies. Nigel has lost a lot of weight lor. You can see his ribs liaoz. As a mum, how I just leave my very sick baby with my maid and my hubby. Shawn can't handle Nigel alone. Plus my mum have to babysit my neighbour's kids. I was so pekchek. After receiving that sms, I have made up my mind to look for another job immediately. Already email my resume out liaoz. No point staying on liaoz. Anyway to shut her up, I'm going to work later at 6.00pm. Even though I had to monitor Nigel's condition. Pam has kindly volunteer to do so. Also, I will keep all the sms my manager sent, in case of any issues. Now she wants everyone to get time sheet from Doctor for urgent CCL leave. I have read the HR manual, it's not needed. Anyway, I got from my Dr. T. She really behave like I like to sent Nigel to the Doctor lor !! Which mum wan her son to be sick !!

No comments: