Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 22, 2009

End of a Journey ???? Breast Milk Vs Formula

My Breastfeeding Journey seems to be coming to a close... My Milk Supply has dropped to a mere 10ml per pump.. And I only Pump twice a day. I was hoping to be able to breastfeed my Lil Nigel till he's 1.. SighS.. I never thought my milk supply will drop so much when I start work. I'm trying my best to stimulate my milk production but nothing seems to work. I'm getting Malunggay pills to take from Mums' Fairy. Seems to be really helpful for increasing supply.. Hope it works..

Nigel been on Full Breast milk till he's 4 mths. After that he was on partial. Thanks to my friends Ting and Joo, especially Ting. Nigel manage to be on BM till he's 4 and a half months. Problems started after he start to go on Formula. First was the diarrhoea.. Then he caught a cold recently.. Plus he's been having diarrhoea still on and off. He might have some bad reaction to Formula. So decided to get either get Organic Formula or Goats' Milk to try. Decided to start him on Goats' milk yesterday. Diarrhoea has stopped !!! One Problem solved at least. Breastfeeding really help a lot to fight off illness. I can see the immediate difference just 2 days after he got started in full Formula. He started getting sick. He also start to get fatter and more flabby. Not so tone anymore. Cos Proteins in Formula is harder to digest... Breast milk is still the best source of Food.

I really hope government will help to allow breast feeding mum more break time to express their milk. Like for my case, sometimes I have no time at all.... Mums in Retail Line really suffer a lot.. I NEED A NEW JOB !!

No comments: