Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Vaccination.. A Danger??

I was reading thru one of the blog entry by Kenny on Vaccinations. There was a Lil Boy, Ian who suffered a severe allergic reaction to Hep B vaccination and pass away. He's only 47 days old. Too young to have suffered so much pain.

http://iansvoice.org/

Most parents are not informed of the danger and side effects of vaccinations. We just vaccinate our babies because we are told to by our PDs. But is it all necessary and are they too young? During my time, we only took the Hep B when we are in Mid Primary. We have to be tested if we are immune first before taking it. I was tested to be naturally immune so I do not have to take. It did dawn on me that Nigel might be immune too. But somehow It didn't occur to be to object to the vaccination and to do it once he's older and can be tested if he's immune. I just sort of go with the flow cos everyone is doing the same thing. I have to be more alert now and voice my opinion and not just go with the flow. Especially since Shawn and I have drug allergy too. Nigel might have inherit the allergy too. I really have to be more careful and alert from now on. Even though my PD is one of the best, but mistakes do happen. Nigel is my Lil Boy. I have to protect him.

No comments: