Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 7, 2012

First Day of School @ DaySpring Kindergarten


 School Gears


Not so nice uniform

Name Tag 

Not so nice bag :(

Nice Shoes !! Only white shoes allowed so had to buy one.




Posing in his uniform !





At the School
He was alright till his classmate starting screaming and crying

He stick to his teachers like superglue


Dayspring !!
Daddy Bringing Nigel in to School 
One of the reason why i choose Dayspring cos it is near the Sea !!!


Garden and Pond !!

Big Big playarea !!


One of the indoor play areas




Looking for a suitable school for Nigel is one of my biggest headache.  I wan a school that is
  • Non-aircon or partial as Nigel has sensitive nose.
  • 2 to 3 hours only
  • big playarea
Most of the schools around Sengkang is fully aircon, either half day or full day and really small. The few that really mets my criteria is really costly. Finally after much online searching, I found Dayspring at the parenthood forum. www.dayspring.edu.sg/ . It is located at Punggol 24th ave. It is near the seaside!! Within walking distance. The school is really big too with it's own playground. Downside is the distance but luckily there is school buses. The price wise, it is really afforable too. I went down to the school twice to take a look. Second time was with Nigel. Nigel love the area, is comfortable with the teachers so I sign him up. School starts on 06/01/2012, class start at 12.15 and ends at 215. He is in Class Rose3.

First day of day, we decided to bring Nigel there on our own instead of the school bus to get him settled in first. Nigel was pretty okay during assembly till one boy started screaming and crying. It was then Nigel realized that I am not around and started to cry. His teacher had to carry him before he stops. Overall, he was okay till he saw me peeing at the window and started all over again. I was dragged out of the school by Shawn. Sobs.. Teacher says Nigel is alright but cries when they had to change classrooms. School bus Auntie was there too. Nigel likes her pretty much. So I decided to start him on the school bus on Monday. I hope he survives the ride there !! My mum will bring him up to the bus since he will definitely cry his lungs out if he sees me.. hope he gets settled in really soon and makes some great friends there.


4 comments:

Low High Peaks said...

Hi!

Hows Nigel school in Dayspring?I'm planning to transfer my kid in dayspring...appreciate if you could give me some feedbacks about the teachers and their program for early child hood development!

Thanks!!
Mummy Radie

JoAnnA said...

They will be moving to Marina Country club next year. Programs will be change to 4hrs. So far, I love the school cos of the outdoor and water activites they are having. Also, I prefer the more old-school method of teaching comparing to the newer methods.

Ng Family said...

Dear parents,

IF you have kids in Dayspring or are planning to send them there ..

We are a group of concerned parents who have childern already studying there.

As you might know .. both schools will be merging into the Punggol Marina campus cum 2013 .. and they have also incresed their pricing for an additional hour .. we are trying to get the principal to review her pricing and to justify the price increase.


pls take a look at below link
or contact 81274321 (jillian) or add me daryl_ng on FB to view the link

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151067455419372&set=pcb.10151067455769372&type=1&theater

Anonymous said...

Hi. I intend to let my gal to day spring for next year k1, appreciate if you could give me some advise n feedback:-) thanks