Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 26, 2010

Flash Cards and A Road Trip to KL

I went to a talk in KL on the 223/3 with Shawn, my Sis and Her Hubby. It's a talk by Glenn Doman's son on Childhood education. It's the first time in a long long time that I actually went overseas ! Pretty excited. It was a fruitful trip overall. Really learn quite a lot about swimming, exercising and educating my Boy.

I have been teaching Nigel with DIY Flash Cards for 2 months now. Using a bit of Nero Tree Method with Glenn Doman Way. His progress is pretty amazing. He can really tell which is which just after one try. But how much does he understand ?
So I came up with a plan. I made some small portable flash cards. I showed it to Nigel first, then the physical object. He love snacks. So I decided to start with that first. Apparently he understands. I put a few cards on the floor and ask him what he wants. He choose snacks and kept choosing it !! After a while, He choose Pacifiers and Dou Dou !! And he went to sleep ! Wow !! The next day, he choose snack again and Papa. So Papa gave Nigel some snacks to eat! This will really help a lot in terms of communication. Slowly I will teach him more. I will add in Water, Milk, NTUC, Grandma and Grandpa. More Day to Day items for this portable flash cards.

No comments: